Wednesday, September 9, 2009

C is for cookie

And apparently I like them a lot. I'm sitting here reading my email, when I notice the flab around my mid section. And I'm disgusted. Seriously, I've been working out (irregularly) for like 9 months, the last 2 of which have been pretty consistent. I feel great everywhere else, but I still have a squishy middle. I really want to get one of these so I can lift heavy, but I don't have that kind of cash laying around, and if I did, my wonderful wife would remind me of the 5 other things I should be spending that money on. So it's dumbbells and creativity for now. Also, I really need to lay off the cookies, and...soda. AGGHHHH! It hurts just thinking about it. I really am full on addicted. A couple weeks ago, I decided I was going to go a day without any soda, just to see how hard it was. Needless to say, the next day, soda was consumed. I know how awful it is for me...I guess I just need to try weaning myself off it. Which I have been doing the last couple weeks. None at dinner, small ones at lunch, and only in social settings. Been working so far. Except this last weekend, that was 4 days long for me, was 4 days of constant social time. LOL, didn't work so well there!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

that better not be complaint on the 4 days of, might I remind you, ROCKIN' social time! you know you liked getting your booty kicked at Outburst!

Kevin said...

Brooke's irrational comment aside, I feel your pain. I got a headache when I went 2 days w/o soda. I didn't want to buy anymore for the house, but Brooke bought me a case of DIET DP. Maybe that will help, who knows?