Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Priorities and Obligations

The last 2 months have been very trying for me. I discovered a really cool way to track my habits and how I prioritize my time, basically by putting the 5 things I want to do every day (or almost every day), and then marking whether I do them or not. I started this last month...and now it's October. Filling out the chart is depressing enough (I have to leave many bubbles empty), but now that I'm looking back on how I've spent my time, it's very humbling. My very first priority (spending time with God) is nowhere near where I want it to be. My time spent on my projects is severely lacking, and I STILL don't have our budget finished. The one thing that I've been pretty good about is exercising, and I probably have my wife to thank for much of that.

I'm not a big "new year's resolution" kind of person, but at some point, I'm hoping I get fed up enough with my slacking that I actually push myself to action here. Like someone once told me "it's not about having enough time to do something, it's if that something is important enough to you that it gets done."

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Wow. I hear ya. Awesome that you are actually making steps to change that....most people say that and then their life doesn't change. Keep up the good fight brother.