Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The A word

Accountability. That's what I need. I greatly lack in the "self discipline" department, and the only cure is to put myself out there and make sure that if I fail, I will be subject to scorn and ridicule for the rest of my days. The more people to scorn and openly mock me, the more effective.

I have been working on something for almost 10 years, and it hasn't come to fruition yet. Along the way I've learned A LOT, failed, tried new things, learned some more, and have been battered and bruised. I've kept it hush hush, and those I have told smiled at me as they thought, "yeah right, he'll never finish that".

Now, I know that all of 2 people read my blog, and who can complain, since I only update it once a generation. I'm not kidding myself to think that there will be a ton of people keeping track, but that's ok. The IDEA that it's out there will hopefully keep me plenty motivated. So, tomorrow night, I'll let the cat out of the bag. Tonight, I do a little housekeeping and get some much needed sleep.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I know I know! I'll sick Kev on you...he'll openly mock you in front of the class. : )

NerdMom said...

I am very curious. And don't worry, we all have hidden projects in the closet that we will never tell about unless it actually works.