Thursday, April 9, 2009

I know what you're thinking

I fell off the wagon. Online accountability doesn't work, right? HA! Little do you know, for the last 3 days I've been trying to nab screen shots of my older ideas for the game.


This was my first attempt at 3d. Fixed camera looking down, and a guy made out of triangles and rectangles, that actually walks when you press the arrow keys.


My next idea was to have like a RPG type game, where you walk around the map, and then zoom into a real-time 3d combat screen (like above...only better).


Then I learned about game engines, and reusable code and stuff. This is a screen of the farthest I got on my last engine. Everything on the screen, except the blue square, is a user interface control (buttons, slider bar, dragable window with buttons on it, changing mouse cursor, etc). This also was where I started getting into network programming. This demo would create connections that it could connect to from another computer.

I'll actually get into my current progress, and what this game is all about tomorrow (or maybe Saturday).

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Ha! I wasn't thinking THAT!

Kevin said...

Hey, you know that you're (still) taking on an HUGE undertaking for one person. I really think you should listen to my idea, which was to create a MOD of an existing game with your gameplay ideas. Heck, I'll even work on it with you. I think Civ4 would be a good choice, but maybe I'm biased.... :)

Brooke said...

how funny...me and kev must be married...b/c i too was wondering why you don't just approach like a "Blizzard-type" company with your game idea...that'd save a LOT of time right???