Friday, August 8, 2008

Beeps and boops

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a geek. In case you needed more proof of this, I will tell you that I have always liked video game music. Even back on the NES. I would pause games and just sit back and listen to the game's music sometimes. I remember playing a game I didn't like very much all the way to the end just so I could hear the music on the last level. So imagine my delight 4 years ago when I came across a website where other people not only like vg music too, but actually remix it. Now, I'm quite sure I just heard some of you scoff at this, but I'm telling you, this is good stuff. The site just released it's 11th album, this one for the classic PC game Doom 2 (http://doom2.ocremix.org). It's probably a little dark and metal for some people, so I thought I would also share a couple of songs that really represent the community well (and also that I really like).

One from the NES game Megaman 3 (and I think the best song on the site right now) - link

And my brother's favorite song on the site - link

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Beeps and boops are boring. Sorry, honey.

Maybe you'll receive justification from someone else who will thank you for exposing them to the wonderful world of video game music....but it won't be me.

:)

Nic said...

You didn't even listen to the songs, did you? Well...you will when I get home. Muahahahahahaa.