Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's 12 o clock somewhere

What is this??? A post on my blog in the middle of the day?? Yes, that's right. The entire County can come to a stand still for 10 minutes while I try to collect the pieces of my brain that just exploded out of my ears. You know, these "desk jobs" are so easy. All you do is sit around all day, right? Well I'm trying to code business rules and systems that are too complex for their own good, and they are giving my head a beat down. It just makes me wanna cry, Jim.

So while I take a breather, I thought I'd share with all 2 of you that read this what I did last night. Guitar on rock band. I played through medium solo tour until I unlocked level 9 (and the Metallica song, woo hoo!). And freaking "vasoline" on MEDIUM can kiss my butt. It's on level 8, but it absolutely stomped on me the first time I tried it. Did I mention on medium? But it was all that stood between me and Metallica, so I did my best and 3 starred it. Barely. Then I tried "enter sandman" and lol'ed at how much I suck. Then I tried expert mode. At half speed. And was a terrible failure. Man I'm telling you, I'm prepping myself for hard right now, I'm holding the frets differently and everything, and I can even play a couple songs on hard with relative success. But expert? Forget it. I have no idea how anyone could do it. It just goes so fast, even if I know what notes are coming, my fingers don't move that fast. I guess it's the same way I thought when I was still on easy and I saw medium or hard, but this just seems more impossible.

Ok, my head feels better. Time to think really hard until lunchtime.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Seriously? That's what you were doing last night?

And again, that's what you are thinking of at work? Issues. You. Have them.

Unknown said...

Man your going to be to good by the time we have a game night ;)

Carrie said...

Um...speaking of game night...

How's the 30th work for everyone?