Friday, August 1, 2008

Protestari

So with this fancy blog comes a fancy google account. And what is a google account without gmail? That's right, I set up a gmail account. Let me take you through the "rationalization" process that brought me to act in such a way:

  • I was using an anti-spam email address to sign in for this, but it was annoying to type.

  • Fancy google has a fancy custom home page you can set up. And my current custom home page (pageflakes) has been annoying me as of late.

  • Gmail actually lets you read email from different accounts, so I can check all my email in one spot (nice).

  • I want to be cool like everyone else and have a gmail account


Ok so that last one is a lie, however, God was in this, because I learned something new today, and I'm totally psyched about it. My gmail address is protestari@gmail.com. "So what?" you say? Well gentle reader, prepare to be in awe of how cool that little word is.

"Protestari" is a latin word that means: "declare publicly, testify, protest". It is also the etymilogical root for the word "Protestant", and we all know that THAT is cool. However, the word itself also has a cool double meaning to it, because "publicly testify" is exactly what we should do as Christians. Pretty cool, eh?

As a side note, I will not divulge how long and how many names I went through to create a gmail account. Apparently I'm the last person on the Intarweb to have a gmail account, because EVERYTHING was taken. I even went through the "5 solas", they were all taken. At least there are other people out there willing to associate themselves with sound theology, I suppose. One more thing, to the 2 "Nic Llanos" out there, (because nicllanos AND nic.llanos were both taken), don't be jealous, I'm not trading you :P. Hehehehehe.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Seriously. I. Love. You.

You are hilarious and even if no one else thinks you are funny, I do. We should get married.

By the way...I'm the other Nic Llanos and I am jealous of your gmail account name.

Brooke said...

You rock....fun to read your blog-o...makes me laugh!