Wednesday, August 6, 2008

There should be an award for this sort of thing

As if I needed any more proof that my love for my wife knows no bounds, I did the unthinkable tonight. I watched "so you think you can dance" with her. And I actually watched it, too, I didn't just sit in the same room with her. I know I know, but in all seriousness, the 2 guys that are still in it are pretty cool to watch. They're hip hop, so it makes it easier to watch because there's no emo to deal with. And that Joshua guy can jump like 10 feet clear, no joke. So anyway, I had very little respect for dance until I met my wife, who is a dancer. No longer could I say that dancing is lame, lest I not wake up in the morning. I had to back up and try to appreciate it for what it is. For one, it's hard. Very hard. But some of it is also very cool, especially when done right. So to be very honest, tonight was not as painful as it could have been.

That's one of the funny things about marriage, you sometimes have to rethink your opinions on things that are important to your spouse. Something you thought of as silly before can't be silly anymore, because your spouse likes it. For Carrie, probably the number 1 thing she had to re-evaluate was video games. Now, she plays them with me (some. REALLY limited amount). However, there are some things I still won't get after all this time. Like her fascination with these things she calls "books". I think I saw one or two of those in school, and I'm sure I was supposed to read some, but I can't remember how I got away with NOT reading them, because I'm certain I didn't. And I'm sure she will never understand what's so great about coding. But that's ok, because I get money for doing it, so she has to respect it for at least that.

3 comments:

Hale-Yeah! said...

cmon. That show rocks

Carrie said...

See?? You're not the only guy who watches it!!!

(Thanks, Brian! You just ensured Nic the joy of watching it again next year!)

Nic said...

Hey I said it wasn't THAT painful. :) I just have a general disdain for TV, so it's not really this show's fault.